Thursday, September 11, 2008

ATLAS/BONEMACHINE-Die With Your BootsOn CDR

ATLAS/BONEMACHINE-Die With Your BootsOn CDR
ELITE TAPES 2007

A very short CDr split between two great industrial/noise artists, which was also available as a C20 tape. Each artists presents one short track and they’re both fairly similar and along the more experimental side than just noise. The Bonemachine track, at 10 minutes even, is a very low and depressing wall that builds and fades with intensity as the track moves on. Reminds me a lot of machine works in a David Lynch film or something. Bonemachine is a new artist to me but he’s appeared on CD’s and 7” vinyl albums using other alias as well so I hope to find more of his stuff in the future. The Atläs track is the better one on here, I think. It has more texture and some good musical sounding elements, all-the-while being really creepy. Again, I have to refer this guy’s music to sounding like old Dead Voices On Air and I love it a lot. It sounds like it was recorded in one take with no edits as well and that impresses me a lot. A good split for sure, but really short…more please!

By Mark Meloche

No comments: